Project Description /OverviewThe Geffen Playhouse was built in 1929 as the Masonic Affiliates Club for students and alumni at UCLA. It was one of the original 12 structures built in Westwood Village. The historic character of the theater was maintained during the renovation while the interior was updated to current standards.
The renovation resulted in updating the main 500 seat theater, adding a three story preforming arts facility that accommodated the 125-seat Audrey Skirball-Kenis Theater, a new backstage area, and dressing and support space. The Playhouse also received a new rehearsal hall and administrative offices.